Tuesday, October 28, 2008

tokyo milk!


oh man. it is the month of magazines outing me. bitches! this month's bazaar has a little blurb about that new company tokyo milk which is available at anthropologie and also is awesome.

they have about 12 or 20 scents and the price is around 30 bucks so you could probably afford it even if you are a teacher or a social worker or some bullcrap like that.

my favorite is called, "ex libris" it has fig leaf, magnolia, bronzed musk (how?), and cardamom (really?). it smells green and delicious and a bit like a library. I don't know how they do these things. probably with chemicals...

my second favorite is called, "waltz" which is linden (my favorite tree! my favorite smell!), rose, wisteria, and white musk. oh freshy heaven.

I really want to smell "poe's tobacco" because I'm obsessed with tobacco perfumes, but I don't think they have it at the anthro. also I like when you read the title really fast and you might think it says, "poo's tobacco" just for a minute.

mmm. so I figure most girls will really go for those super sweet smells they do like, "I want candy" and "french kiss" which is fine if you want to smell like a hooker. after all, who am I to judge?

love!
mp

6 comments:

Marie said...

I saw (and smelled) the Tokyo Milks just this weekend at Anthoropologie -- I was trying to choose some perfume to send as a gift (probably a bad idea -- scent is such a personal thing...) Anyway, I loved the cardamom one, too. I always think of Emily when I smell cardamom because she was sorta obsessed with it.

I liked how they listed the main scents in each perfume so I could try detecting each one.

emily said...

1. marsha, one of my first scent memories of you is when you clued me into the fact that those trees near the mtc are linden trees. i had been freaking out about how good they smelled, and you were like "yeah, they're linden trees." and i was like "marsha is a freaking genius."

2. poe's tobacco???? holy shit. i need to smell that immediately.

3. marie, you used to have an oily kind of scent that smelled so good; it was from bath and body works i think. do you remember that one?

Marie said...

Maybe Neutrogena's sesame body oil? I still love that stuff. I buy it in bulk at the Rack.

marshall p said...

marie- seriously, it is helpful when they list the notes. also I need that neutrogena stuff. I need new and better oils for my skin all the time due to the utah dryness factor.

em- bal a versailles was a hit at the t.v. watching last night.

GINGER24 said...

I received Tokyo Milk's Paper & Cotton as a Christmas gift from my husband. I LOVE it! Its my favorite perfume ever! I just wished the bottle lasted longer. Only had it a month & half the bottles gone!!!!

Girl With A Pearl said...

I was just about to purchase two of the tokyo milk perfumes when i read this! im definitly going to order Poe's Tobbaco and Ex Libris now
thank you so much!
check out my blog!