Friday, October 23, 2009

confession:

i have a hard time remembering what perfumes smell like when they're not right under my nose. most of the time.

there is a guerlain shop here in toronto, so you'd better believe i went there the other day to close some serious and embarrassing gaps in my perfume knowledge. tried these: jicky, l'heure bleue, and chant d'aromes. the jicky dry-down was soooo surprising and modern; it is exactly like something you'd see coming out of some crazy plastic bottle marketed to tweens, only obviously genius and perfect. it's absolutely sweet, woody vanilla in the dry-down--it's bulgari black with no rubber. i love it.

my favorite smell right now is the apple sauce simmering on my stove. hmm... apple notes in perfume? time for some research...

2 comments:

marshall p said...

I just bought poe's tobacco by tokyomilk which has apple notes in the drydown. horrible. literally the worst. I wanted to tear my arm off and throw it away.

also got anise and vanilla cologne by jo malone. soooo good.

marshie want jicky...

emily said...

oh no! and the name was so promising!