Wednesday, November 19, 2008

everybody loves everybody all the time

I bought some new samples last week because I'm a wreckless bohemian.

1. kai perfume oil,(kai). sweeet jebus. I smell like a flirty teenage pisces. and I like it.

2. velvet aoud, (montale). I don't know. I haven't really tried it yet. the sniff I took from the sampule reminded me of this perfume oil I got in a craft kit in 1978, so...

3. tabacco, (odori). honey and vanilla and smoke. kindof dying. want.

4. tar, (comme de garcons). totally synthetic, the kick in bulgari black. mmm. wear it to the roadhouse.

5. sel de vetiver, (the different company). yum. the salt from eau des mervailles, plus some iris. (I don't know, I'm just saying.) good stuff.

6. geranium bourbon, (miller harris). at first I loved bright geranium, then it went all powdery and I stopped loving.

7. 2 (comme de garcons). sortof amazing. I have no idea what it smells like in words. outer space.

that's all. hey was that 26 bucks 'cause I'm not rich and famous? yes. do I care? no. why? because I smell delicious fragrances.

love,
mp

3 comments:

emily said...

i love that you wrote "sampule"

Marie said...

I don't understand this, but if I did I'd feel pretty fabulous. And I'd probably smell better than I do.

I was pulled into that Gateway perfume shop by friends last weekend while we were waiting to see James Bond and I noticed the perfumes in your last posting, right there at the checkout. The ginger one was the best, like you said. I tried on the tangerine one and wasn't fond of it, though I usually like citrus. It smelled like soap, in a not-good way.

marshall p said...

marie- mmm. what don't you understand? perfume is life.

2. yes, red ginger. sad about tangerine. tangerine is a tricker.