Tuesday, July 1, 2008

right now

I'm wearing SJP Lovely lotion topped with Hermessence Poivre Samarcande. I know this is an outrage for purists everywhere, but I am not a purist. What happened was at first the white florals of SJPL combined with the pepper of HPS to create a funky carnation, and I kinda dug it. but now that damn musk bullshit of SJPL is raging all over my skin like some kind of oily greek with herpes. I hate SJPL from now on, just for the record. I love HPS. Maybe I will wear the hell out of this non-stop until I run out even if it's too warm for it. I don't care. I don't. I have this idea of wearing seasonally inappropriate perfumes just to cause trouble. Sinus trouble.

Next up YSL's nu. The word means "nude" my friends. it's an oriental (floriental) incense thing. one of the perfume reviews I read called it churchy due to the incense which made me laugh because it's supposedly based on the incense used in old french whorehouses. (how did Tom Ford know, I wonder?) I guess there's always been that weird relationship between the church (the big one, the catholic one) and you know... sex. but whatever. It should be fun at the next barbecue.

No comments: