Thursday, August 21, 2008

dear tam

you were our reader for a minute, but it looks like we lost you due to our general laziness concerning questions... and answering them.

I'm not a fan of super food-y perfumes. I like almond tea and almond bath oil from l'occitane, but otherwise... avoid.

at any rate I did some research and came up with some perfumes with almond notes I think you could try.

1.starting with the most abstract, Frederic Malle L'Eau d'Hiver I realize that it doesn't say "almond" in the notes, but I think you could stretch it for this, it has that quality of warmth.

the rest of these I just got from the fragrantica website, they have a thing that will search by notes, then give you a little description. I randomly picked ones I thought would be good. you can go to the perfumed court and get little samples of most of these for a small fee. and obviously some of the more common ones you can get free samples at nordstrom.

2. Hypnotic Poison - Dior

3. Lolita Lempicka - Lolita Lempicka

4. Burberry Brit - Burberry

5. Sensi - Giorgio Armani

6. Summer by Kenzo - Kenzo

7. Innocent - Thierry Mugler

8. Touch for Women - Burberry

9. Flower by Kenzo Le Parfum - Kenzo

10. Cinema Gold - Yves Saint Laurent

11. Cruise Collection - Escale a Portofino - Dior

12. Jasmin Noir - Bvlgari

13. Poudre - Jovoy Paris

14. Aqua Allegoria Orange Magnifica - Guerlain

15. Vanille Amande - Comptoir Sud Pacifique

16. Les Belles de Ricci Amour d`Amandier - Nina Ricci

17. Datura Noir - Serge Lutens

18. Celine Oriental Summer - Celine

19. Louve - Serge Lutens

20. Cologne Blanche - Dior

21. Premier Figuier - L Artisan Parfumeur

No comments: