Saturday, August 23, 2008

so i was at the mall and they had the new lancome, magnifique, and i thought i'd try it. it smells like a beautiful woman walking through some ancient piazza. smells like a huge structure made of damp, dusty precious stone with a beautiful 35-year-old woman somewhere in it. i like it.

the other one i tried at the lancome counter was o de lancome, and i was really, really liking it and then i realized why: it smells like all the juicy parts of white linen with the angles rubbed off, and also it smells like clorox cleaning wipes. i love those wipes, just the regular scented ones, not the lemony ones. i never actually buy them but i love their smell. it's in the cologne genre, citrusy and green with a soapy heart. 'twould be easy to wear. (the o de lancome, not the wipes.)

i love lancome fragrances. poeme is an all-time fave because it's so heavy and dewy and cloying. and tresor is a grojsman one--did i spell her name right? whatever. and my precious fave that they discontinued is mille et une roses. sooooooo good. it's a patchouli rose but i like it more than stella mccartney.

dipped into my huge sample hoard and came up with the different company's jasmin de nuit and i'm in love. it might be sweeping aside all the child and dkny and sisley plans i had. it's sophisticated like marsha's ormonde jayne woman or whatever. SMELLS!

5 comments:

marshall p said...

oh man! shocking! I hated magnifique! too fruity, too sweet!

Marcilyn said...

I really like Lancome Miracle but my freshman room mate wore it all the time so I can't wear it without thinking of her.

On my way back from Uganda I stopped over in Dubai and did some shopping cause they have super cheap perfume (they sell the testers. cha-ching!)but since I was in Uganda for over a month my nose was not working correctly and I baught Versace Bright Crystal because it smelled all clean and the bottle had this huge crystally top. and when i got home I realized it was sickeningly sweet. but it wasn't a total loss because I also baught a small bottle of Bulgari Black, which I heard about from your blog and like very much.

marshall p said...

Yay!

marshall p said...

um, that was funny when you were wearing mille et une roses and I said, "smells like stella". It's happier than stella. stella's pretty dour.

emily said...

yeah, stella is relentless. mille et une roses is just so good, i don't even know what to say about it. it's so finished to me.